Sunday 16 October 2011

I have just seen the trailer for the film by Steven Spielberg. I was really pleased by the opening sequence of the trailer showing the horse running through the exploding shells and gun fire of "no mans land". 

Link to the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3969097241/

It is just as I imagined the scene when I read it in the book. Great stuff! I hope the film really lives up to the book when I go and see it.

There is something very special about the relationship humans have with horses. Horses seem to have a great strength and free spirit as well as a sensitive nature that commands respect....

The idea that actors operate the actions of the horses in the play rienforces the close bonds and relationships that people have with these magnificent animals. It also emphasises the responsibility that people have for the horses wellbeing and lives.

An image from the stage production.

No comments:

Post a Comment