Saturday, 22 September 2012
I have just finished a painting of a landscape depicting some where in Scotland. It was an experiment where I used sand and plaster, hessian cloth, and collaged text as a base texture. I then added colour with acrylic, impasto medium and colour pencil. All applied with speed and lots of splattering, scrapping of a knife, scribbling, using fingers, and my favourite a toothbrush!
Thursday, 20 September 2012
Back in the studio... Managed to get the next row started. The nose has now appeared. I am enjoying getting all the details on the skin - but now wandering about how to get the stubble texture accurate..... Probably more contrasty text will help. We shall see....
Saturday, 8 September 2012
I am making some progress on the portrait of me. It has a more raw feel as far as texture goes, in comparison to the 'Sophie' Portrait. I might suggest it even looks painterly. This is due to the smaller size of the support and the text being the same size as on 'Sophie'