Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Cross painting has started!

This week I finally started making my first piece of Christian Art. I have been developing the idea of creating a poem text painting for about 3 years.

It all started when I took the Alpha course in 2010. Since then my faith has gradually been growing and last October I was baptised by full immersion at Irthlingborough Methodist Church.

Whilst attending Church and prayer groups as well as with the encouragement of my wife the ideas evolved.

I have used the theme of water as inspiration and used bible quotes as the text for the artwork . In the final idea Irthlingborough lakes in the Nene valley is the setting .

Using a wooden cross I  photographed a scene which is inspired by Salvador Dali's Christ of St John of the Cross. This painting has a view from above the landscape. I did this in my image by turning the photograph upside down. This is what God has the power to do. He has shown me a new way of seeing the world as a great artist does when looking or creating.

This will be my first attempt at a full colour text painting....

No comments:

Post a Comment